Is it Dating Violence?
Dating violence can occur between individuals who have or have had a romantic or intimate relationship. Whether this relationship exists will be determined by the following:
- A dating relationship must have existed within the past 6 months,
- The nature of the relation was/is characterized by the expectation of affection, or sexual involvement between the parties; and
- The frequency and type of interactions between the persons in the relationship must have been involved over time and on a continuous basis during the relationship. Flat. Stat. §784.046.
Who can petition for an Injunction of Protection?
- Victims of dating violence who have reasonable cause to believe they are in imminent danger of further dating violence;
- Any person who has reasonable cause to believe they are in imminent danger of becoming the victim of dating violence, or
- The parent or legal guardian of an affected minor child who is living at home may seeks an injunction for protection against dating violence on behalf of that minor child.